torsdag 6 januari 2011

Stephin Merrit - del 2

What if the show couldn't go on
What if we all got jobs and got to bed before dawn
What if Old Joe had to retire
And all the stage hands were let go or fired

That's just like what the world would be
if you fell out of love with me

***

If I was the Grand Canyon
I'd echo everything you say
But I'm just me, I'm only me
and you used to love me that way
so you know how to love me that way

***

When you're old and lonely you will wish you'd married me
I could build a fire for you and bring you cakes and tea
When you're cold and hungry I'll be waiting by the phone
You can call me up and tell me how you're all alone
All alone

When you're old and lonely and the rush of life is past
Days go by too slowly and the years go by too fast
When your golden loneliness is heavier than stone
You can call me up and say "My God I'm all alone, 
all alone."

***

Harry is the one I think you'll marry
but it's Chris that you kissed after school
Well I'm a fool, there's no doubt,
but when the sun comes out, 
and only when the sun comes out

I'm the luckiest guy on the Lower East Side
'Cause I've got wheels and you want to go for a ride



Från Promises of Eternity, Grand Canyon, When You're Old and Lonely och The Luckiest Guy on The Lower East Side.

1 kommentar:

Sofia sa...

Du har uppfattat rätt, jag bor alltså i södra Finland och jag har en privat lektion öga mot öga med min flöjtlärare som varar i 45 min i veckan + att jag och tre andra som ligger ungefär på samma nivå en gång i veckan går på kvartett (½ h) och ytterligare en gång i veckan på musikteori (1 h). Musikteorin är indelad i 5 år varav 4 år är ren och skär teori och det femte musikhistoria. Dessutom borde man tydligen öva lika länge som den privata lektionen varar varje dag... (Hrm, man måste väl få äsa och syssla med annat också?)

Ganska lustigt, det verkar som om min släkt har lite flöjtklang i sig, min moster är nämligen bosatt i Sverige där hon har varit flöjtlärare och nu är rektor för någon typ av musikskola, och min drygt 20-åriga kusin har en flickvän som studerar i samma banor som du ;)

besöksräknare